View Single Post
Old April 5, 2006   #2
michael johnson
Tomatovillian™

Thats a very interesting observation- and if anything a very scientific approach to what appears to be an increasing problem. ( Well done Craig keep up the good work ).

That may well have been my problem this season, with some of the seeds through the mail- mainly from other countries .

Lets all take it a stage or two further and see if we cant all put our heads together a bit and come up with some method or other to address the situation.

Could it be packaging or the form of envelope they are sent in, all my better germination varieties came in bubble pack envelopes,
are they being subjected to hot dry conditions in transit.

would some form of foil packing protect them enough- like being wrapped in aluminum kitchen foil and folded over like a protective envelope.

Although Carolyn said not long ago that no irradiation methods were being used in most of the USA, I wonder if they pass through some form of other rays in the form of powerfull X -ray machines- that are partialy sterilising the seeds.

Its obvious something is causing it -but what ????.

I think Craig has realy hit the nail on the head this time and gotten to the main cause straight away, all it needs now is refining down to the actual culprit within .
michael johnson is offline   Reply With Quote