View Single Post
Old April 16, 2020   #10
lapk78
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
For many years I only added some fertilizer when preparing the beds along with lots of compost and organic matter like manures. As the season went on I did notice after the first good rush of fruit that the plants tended to slow down a lot so I started fertilizing at that point and it definitely helped production and plant health. I decided to experiment and with two beds prepared the same I treated one normally and the other I tried fertilizing every 10 days or so. The production from the bed getting the nearly weekly feeding was much better. I was using Miracle Grow at the time. When I found Texas Tomato Food and started feeding with it every week to 10 days I got a significant jump in not just healthier plants but far more fruit set and far more production for a longer time.

I start out giving the young tomato seedlings a lower than recommended dose of Texas Tomato Food fertilizer up til the time they start blooming then I give them the full one TBS to the gallon ratio every week to 10 days. My production and fruit set has been phenomenal since. I now use this method with most of my vegetables but with most other than tomatoes I use the Vegetable formula fertilizer from Urban Farms and the results have been really amazing.

Bill
If I may ask, are you still using TTF? Are you still using it at 1 Tbs/gal? How much of this solution do you give to each plant? Up until now, I have always used SWCs and the fertilizer was simply place in one big fell swoop. Thanks!
lapk78 is offline   Reply With Quote