View Single Post
Old May 31, 2016   #59
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Default What is going on here???

Loulac... PLEASE READ MY POSTS .....Sorry but I am getting really upset through my postings not being read and understood ......What if I hung a tent up in my living room to put my plants in .,.would that be better than a freezer....

I was thinking off using CERAMIC heat bulbs or heat emitters originally THAT is why I used a freezer chest with cross rails in it for my plants to sit on ...it was to enable the ceramic bulbs to provide hot air under the rails...I then realised that this was not a good method and decided to heat the soil by feeding heat via loops in each drum .just as its done in this article... .
http://articles.extension.org/pages/...or-greenhouses

.. I saw no reason not to continue using freezer chests to sit my planting drums in....and give my carpet some protection.

FOR GOODNESS SAKE all the electrics etc have been removed...they are just ONE outer shell ....There is no safety issue ..See pictures on post 46 and 47..... but there will be if I do not get the control unit planned properly with pumps,thermostats,element etc to control the heat and the flow ..
Regards Ron

Last edited by murihikukid; May 31, 2016 at 04:30 AM.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote