Thread: Climbing Squash
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2016   #6
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

jmsieglaff, I am interested in trying some of the cross seeds. I'll PM you soon.

reddeheddefarm, Besides saving space, I seem to have better luck controlling squash bugs and borers when growing them vertically - I'm thinking it's because they are easier to see. Tatume is one I want to grow.

Jeannine, you are an important part of this thread. Besides giving your knowledge (Which is extremely useful) , the other varieties coming in the mail (Post #1) are coming from you. I know those seeds were difficult to get. I will grow them with pride.

Andrey_BY, Thank you for the picture. Now, I know when to pick the Gialla Nostrale squash. I am interested in some of the others in that picture.

I should explain about the Tatume and Gialla Nostrale squash. I did try to grow both in 2015. I planted both on a fence line in a new garden that was mostly clay. 2015 turned out to be the wettest year on record here - with over 73" of rainfall. Instead of being able to eat the squash - I did everything I could to let a couple of them grow out to be able to save seeds. I was able to save seeds from Gialla Nostrale squash, but not from the Tatume.

Thank every one of you for replying. Lets grow some squash.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote