View Single Post
Old January 31, 2017   #21
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
Carolyn: Nope, never been to California except to the Rose Bowl and parade. I think I tried to ask SSE if it was available and got some song and dance about no such thing exists and if it did it is a salad sized tomato and the one I grew was a beefsteak. I would love to try again, so send away when you have time. Thanks for the effort.

Paul
Paul, someone gave you wrong info since it did appear in the 2016 SSE Yearbook, but no description, just an accession # , etc.

Requests are supposed to be possible until the next year book is received, and I haven't heard of anyone who has yet received it.

If it does reappear in the 2017 I'll try to get some seeds for you or if I have time,possibly contact them now about it.

Quite frankly, IMO things are amiss right now at SSE,so we shall see.

I just checked again and seeds were from CA C0 P and no such person is listed now, but probably once was.

As I said for another variety, when a variety hasn't appeared for many years SSE itself is pulling it out of the deep freeze, growing it out and SSE Listing it. I've seen that happen for some of my varieties as well,

SSE is THE largest lister of varieties, not just in the 400 pages of tomato listings but in the YEarbook as a whole, so they make money from that that I guess helps with other SSE expenses.

Carolyn