View Single Post
Old October 26, 2017   #10
MissS
Tomatovillian™

I am concerned that you have more than one issue going on here.

Your first photo shows leaf curling on the new growth of both the main stem and a lateral. It also shows some yellowing that is starting to occur in between the leaf margins on your older uncurled leaves. I am more concerned about the yellowing than your curling. Sometimes when plants have been in cool wet conditions they will curl as yours have. That is not to say that a virus can't be ruled out, but at this point I would wait to see if the plant grows out of it as conditions improve. If the space between the growth nodes becomes erratic, then I would suggest that you have a virus and dispose of the plant. If the nodes appear normal, you can wait it out and growth at sometime will revert back to normal. There are many viruses that can result in a curly top. None which are curable. If you say that these plants have been indoors and have not had a chance to be in a herbicide drift, then that diagnosis can be ruled out. You have been in possession of these plants long enough that this could not have occurred from the garden center where they were purchased. If something happened, it happened while you had them.