View Single Post
Old March 10, 2013   #63
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnarSK View Post
I also think Indian Stripe as sold by Gleckler is the same as in Victory, ultimately from you and Carolyn. Thank you for that. I also have seeds. As long as that's clear, there's nothing wrong with having two names for closely related tomatoes, that may have the same origin.
Yes, the variety was called either Indian Stripe OR Indian Zebra, and if you going to comment on the fact that some believe that the original name was Indian Stripe b'c that's what some seeds in a freezer said, well, if it was called either, then what's labelled IZ is thesame as IS, so why some want to claim the original name was IZ, and that's what they're going to call it from seedslabelled IZ,that escapes me totally. One year save seeds and label them IS, a few years later, save seeds and label them IZ. Which is probably what Burson Sr.did.

No orginal name, for it was called both and you know the rest of the story in detail as does Donna, who posted in this thread as well

But let us NOT continue posting about this topic here in this thread, please, b'c it's been discussed to death, resurrected, discussed again, etc, since 2003 when I first listed IS in the SSE Yearbook and sent seeds to many seed places.

Carolyn