View Single Post
Old March 18, 2013   #12
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff23703 View Post
I'm in no hurry. It's becoming a little project of mine. The only hurdle so far, a significant one at that, is the lack of resources. I might end up joining the SSE after all for access to the yearbooks.
Jeff, if you join SSE you get the Yearbook for that year if any are still available and that's it.

I'm lucky to have all the Yearbooks going back to 1975 except for the 1982 one and there's a reason for that since I joined SSE only in1989.

The SSE Yearbook for each year is now online, for members only and you can do a search for a speicifc variety which tells you who listed it and when, but as I recall, not the full blurb that was listed initially.

I don't participate with the online. But these days ALL submissions by listed members are put on the online and then the paper Yearbook printed from that.

I don't accept requests from the online, and say so, and since there's no way for folks to print the SSE 2013 Request form from the online right now and it goes up at least a month or so, before the paper one is sent out, my listing anything with SSE is up in the air.

Are you familiarwith Tania;s excellent website b/c she's copied off the histories for many many varieties?

here's the link if you haven't done so:

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/wiki/Main_Page

At the top of that home page there's a link to short cuts and if you know the name of a variety I suggest you hit that link and search via the alphabetical method.

Carolyn