View Single Post
Old August 21, 2016   #28
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

Well, I visited The Garlic Farm today, which is local, and was able to find several heads of seed garlic in the 2.75-3.00" range, which I was very happy with. The variety they grow is German White. At least that is what they grew this year. It might be the same year to year. I received an email from the owner, Gary, in response to my question in which he stated "this year’s seed is a very large, extra hardy German white.( this years harvest was one of the largest crops in 20 years ) We grow several strains of German white"... He did not elaborate on the strains, but the 2.75- 3" heads I found is more what I was looking for. At least for 12.00/lb, lol, which seems to be the going rate both locally and on the internet. Agway already has their seed garlic in they tell me, so I will look there and maybe by buying early I can find some nice large heads of Music and if I am lucky, maybe I will see some Northern White I can try at SWAMPER's recommendation. If I can get 3 inch heads locally, I see no reason to buy 2 inch heads over the internet, much less 1.75" heads. I might consider buying the 3" heads locally and selling them online for 15.00/lb. Think I could get it?
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote