View Single Post
Old January 23, 2015   #8
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

I plan on selling plants early season Charley then produce later on. Since we just bought our house I wasn't able to get any winter crops going before it was to late and I had a million things happening at once, but this fall I will be planting onions and various salad/cole crops to sell with my plants.

I'm not expecting to really make any money but wanted to get my feet wet and hopefully hit it full steam next year since I will (hopefully) have time to get everything prepared.

Very few farmers bring plants to sell (2 last year) so I wanted to have various sizes and types available. What I don't sell will be given away to family and friends or planted in my garden. I wont make much but I figure the physical, mental, and spiritual therapy gardening provides me is worth plenty on its own. The rest is just gravy!

Oh and yes it is early. We have a few indoor hydroponic farms in the area now who grow produce year round which is the main reason it starts in March. April 15th is normally the safe date for transplanting tomatoes and peppers in my area and that is when the market used to start, but it seems to get pushed earlier every year now as more people are getting excited about local produce.

Last edited by BigVanVader; January 23, 2015 at 09:17 AM.
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote