View Single Post
Old March 11, 2016   #16
PureHarvest
Tomatovillian™

You can separate and should. You are right, I do think about the biz constantly. I don't worry about that. However, where you are doing most activities if you were paying somebody in your stead, you should track and assign cost.
I can send u a really cool and easy budget on excel that you can plug your costs into if you pm me your email. You can see mine as an example too for my tomatoes.
I highly recommend the book by Richard Wiswall dealing with planning a farm budget. I'll edit the title in later but a search will yield it. It was life changing for me as far as really not missing what needs to be counted and how you do it for a farm.
Of course it's nothin new, as there are countless budget templates out there, but his has things broken down in farming sense with related activities relevant to us. It really clicked for me.
I have not transplanted my main crop to bag yet, but I have 6 plants I started from seed 5 weeks ago. Check out my thread under the photos forum titled Indoor Head Start if you are interested. I will update the week 5 pics in a bit. There is more info too on my set up and fertilizer program under the general forum titled precision nutrient and equipment thread.

Last edited by PureHarvest; March 11, 2016 at 05:06 PM.
PureHarvest is offline   Reply With Quote