View Single Post
Old May 21, 2007   #8
Liz
Tomatovillian™

Hi, Rodger.
I look forward to attending the Little Mtn. reunion/tomato festival.
I bought "Black From Tula", "Druzba", and "Stupice" from you at SC State Farmers' Market, Cola. in April. So far, all are doing well. We live on the lake in Chapin, so we're lucky to have H2O.... it would be nice to get some rain. I'm sure I won't have enough tomatoes for a table/stand, but I'd be happy to help others.
Slightly off toppic, I'm growing some tomatoes in containers on my deck; several of them have leaves that look diseased. It begins with a brown/grey spot usually near a vein. Then it spreads causing the edges of the leaf to curl up or under and dry out. also, around the cages I have seen very, very fine spider webbing. Not knowing what the problem is, I've sprayed with all purpose bug spray (malathion) and daconil. Whatever is causing the damage is also eating the herbs (basil, oregano) and lettuce in one of pots with my Sweet Million cherry. I really don't like spraying, but since I've started, they look better.
Interestingly, the plants in the ground have not been affected. Any ideas? Thanks, Beth