View Single Post
Old January 9, 2017   #3
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Patti..Thanks for the prompt reply ..I actually thought that these plants have never been pruned ...Its what secondary stems I allow to grow that worries me...The bottom stems have to come off because of the depth that the plants will be repotted at...So I will remove the infected branches and see what is next in line and work my way up....They have huge laterals on them...some have tomatoes on them ..They will be potted at ground level ...I am trying to find a plastic basin or something that the washing machine drums can sit in off the concrete...If I find something these drums could be self watered ...
I have just finished the roof and washed drums again...so I am now ready to Prune and Repot....Rubbing Alcohol ?? is that different to the alcohol one buys in a Pharmacy?? I have plenty of 3% Peroxide if thats any good for sterilizing..

There is one other factor here ...I bought a heap of special Super grow Garden soil from a garden centre..its specially formulated and they say excellent for Tomatoes especially with perlite so I have to take a risk and use it in my repotting drums....I winder if I should use equal parts of perlite with it and water it with Seasol before I put the plant in the cavity that will be "pre made" for the plant to sit in..
There is hardly a cloud in the sky but its blowing and that spoils which would otherwise be a great day..
Regards Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote