View Single Post
Old July 1, 2018   #400
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Rajun, sorry it took so long to reply (Computer problems) I have some okra at that stage too. I have harvested two okra that grew thin and close to 4 inches long, but are too hard to eat. They are Louisiana Green Velvet. Today, was really hot with a lot of ozone/silt in the air - you could easily see it. There was a lot of wilting of the plants that did recover after they were in shade. I watered/fed them well tonight. We'll see what happens tomorrow. They might need some shade during the hottest part of the day? That's the good thing with containers - you can move them around (Except caged tomato plants.)

I've already got seeds for some faster DTM varieties of vegetables for fall and carrots for winter. Spinach and Mustard greens 45 days, Radishes 30 days, also carrots. I'm letting my son teach me about carrots because he has a passion for growing them, and has done so for a few years. He is going with his choice of new mix, and I'm going to use the mix that I have. They will be grown in the same kind of buckets, but other than that - we are going to experiment with other things. I'm going to use the 4-18-38 / 15.5-0-0 / Magnesium Sulfate to water with.

I haven't researched it, but I have to give it a try.

Onions - I haven't given enough thought about yet.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote