Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Foot Smells View Post
pone
pōn/
noun US

noun: pone; noun: pone bread; noun: corn pone; noun: cornpone
  1. unleavened cornbread in the form of flat oval cakes or loaves, originally as prepared with water by North American Indians and cooked in hot ashes.
(did not know what a pone was, so googled and shared)

As for the Q, it depends and my opinion is simply that, an opinion. If you are planning on doing a broadcast than probably best to wait a little while, esp. if you plan just to turn it into the soil (preferably before a light rain shower and extended overcast). I think the "transplants" make for a better crop, but with all those seeds, you could make your own transplants inside in a climate controlled environment underneath a light now and plant in the fall. (or outside in a cool shady area (indirect light should be sufficient in Tx))

I've seen ppl take such seeds and put in a freshly wetted with warm water quart mason jar, cover the mouth with breathable fabric, and cover the jar with cloth for germinating large amount. (The seeds stick to the wet jar, and removed before any prolific growth (otherwise get tangled easy))

But I really did not come here to give opinion on growing mustards or greens (don't feel qualified), just wanted to share my new found knowledge of the word pone. GL

All this stuff spelled pellagra for the poor folks that had to eat it everyday and not much else.
This is why I discovered a way to make it with Masa herina to get the niacin.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote