View Single Post
Old September 3, 2016   #1658
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisakov View Post
How is every one doing after Hermine? Hope it was not to bad.

Reporting:
Watermelon and melon dried just fine, I was not sure they would. Taste pretty good, watermelon is a bit too sweet. Tomatoes are better that way. They are sweet and sour, perfect combination.

Peaches have an excellent taste but I got lazy and did not presoak them to prevent oxidation.

Zucchini dry the fastest. They are fine eating like that. Of cause, they are mild in taste. But would be great as chips for dipping. Envisioning them with home made fresh salsa. Have noticed, if they a bit too dry the skin makes them curl upwards a bit, making like scoops. Was wondering, if towards the end they can be helped to form into scoops even more.

Barb, I tasted raw zucchini for the first time this year. There are advertisements about making spaghetti looking like dish with raw zucchini. It was surprisingly good tasting. Nice crunchy taste. Of cause it was home grown, not store bought.

So excited about next year. Already thinking about all other foods I can dehydrate. Not that we spend too much time watching TV, still snacking at that time is a problem. Making healthy and tasty snacks is in my mind. The once you are not afraid to indulge in.

Both me and my DH are good cooks and do not eat out too often. Not that we can not afford it. The food we make is so much tastier and we can make it healthier as well. Plus we love doing that. And as many agreed, the taste of home made dehydrated mangos (thank you Marsha) are the best.

Marsha, I was looking at the silicon mats on ebay already. The best price was about 10 bucks per mat or so. Is that a good price? How many would you suggest is enough for your experience? 3, 5?
Those look delicious, Ella. I got the 5 pack.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote