View Single Post
Old November 21, 2017   #10
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for all the responses!!

From all the info I'm gonna do some 4 paks for the F-n-S stores and singles for all other sales. I priced everything from Grower Solutions and came up with a price per flat including tray, insert and soil at $2.54. That's for 18 plants per flat. The 4 and 6 pak inserts are the same price per 100, $63. Does anyone have lower prices?

I converted cubic inches to cuft and it's .3 cuft per flat and that was using the tray size, 11"W x 21"L x 2.25"deep so there should be a little leeway and that's close enough to perfect for me.

The cheapest good potting soil I found is the Pro-Mix Walmart started selling last year. It was $17 per bail that expands to 4cuft. I think most of the big box stores will carry it this year, I saw Home Depot as a supplier. I used it last year and didn't have any problems. http://www.promixgardening.com/en/pr...egetables-herb

I'm still not sure on pricing yet, I'll have to check a few places and see what the going rate is this year. Last season the prices on 6 paks were $1.75 from the local nurseries and I think Bonnie's were $3.50 a 6pak or the same for a single bigger plant.

I just looked at a guys facebook page had here's his prices I can use as a start.

I'm out this week but feel free to shop using self checkout. Here's a plant list
Herbs $2.50(check the back area for full selection)
Italian oregano
Mojito mint
Peppermint
Chocolate mint
Spearmint
"The best" mint
Fresh fruit mint
Oregano/thyme
Lemon verbena
Lemon grass
Tarragon-Spanish
Thyme
Rosemary
Parsley
Cilantro
Dill
Chamomile
Vegetables $2 some things available in 6 packs for $4
Bon choi 6pack-$4
Red cabbage 6pack $4
Swiss chard
Arugula
Brussel sprouts
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Kale
Green onion
Mustard wasabino
Spinach
Mustard (6 packs)
Strawberries
Also soil mix in front of counter on right($8), manure on left($8), and pine straw on the front deck($9).
Thank you!!
Rajun Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote