View Single Post
Old September 9, 2007   #5
Hilde
Tomatovillian™

Just a short post (I am tired and going to bed now). There were 89 different varieties at the taste fest, ONLY FIVE were duplicated, but I didn't count Terry's (tomatoaddict) tomato that was competing for the ugliest award. I think that was a Cherokee Purple. Can you confirm what variety that was, Terry? If indeed a Cherokee Purple, we had 90 different varieties to taste! A complete list of varieties and pictures of each and every one of them will come within the next few days. It is a bit of work to do this, so be patient!

Unfortunately I have promised Mark not to post pictures of him, although I think I am allowed to post the group picture. However, I did not make any such promises to Terry (tomatoaddict) and Zana, who both were only too happy to have their picture taken.

There are many people to thank, but tonight I would especially like to thank Remy. Thank you so much for your hard work and for so generously offering to host the taste fest. Without you there would have been no Buffalo Niagara 2007. This was a fantastic day. Thank you Mark for bringing all your varieties of tomatoes and generously offering your seeds, thank you to everyone who brought tomatoes and dishes to share, and thank you to everyone who came, because your present make the day extra special, like another flavor added to a salad, or another dish to a buffet. This was truly a great group of people. Thank you all.

Hilde