View Single Post
Old December 3, 2017   #112
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi...Ph levels ..I do require some help here....First the Tap water is 4.5.....The Water I buy is 5.0...Most of my drums level off at 6.5....there are 3 or 4 that level off at 7.0 and perhaps could go to 6.5 if I tested in another position.....
There are 3 or 4 that instantly go down to 5.0 to 5.5 ...

Now I have no formula for correcting this..Sadly my taking comprehensive Ph tests was not carried out in past seasons ??.If I recall dolomite Lime raises the ph but what about lowering it.....and also the yara-mila fertiliser was only washed in 3 days ago and this could perhaps be still processing in the soil.....My tester immediately responds to water but takes a minute to find what i presume is a true reading in soil ..IE it comes down in 0.5 incrementals and finally stops...

I will retest the 5.0..ph Drums tomorrow ....It was so hot today I expect that I will get a reaction to lack of water tomorrow plus a change in high temperatures is not expected til late this week...
I see a difference in my plants when I go out in the morning and I am wondering if it would hurt if I left the door open during the night which could make it cooler and the fans go all night...
Regards Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote