View Single Post
Old March 29, 2015   #5
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
Carolyn, I have tried the saliva method. Yes, it does work. But I have so many to do that I end up having to "wet my whistle" so often that I get too tipsy to finish the job.

My DW has issued the marching orders and I have to use regular water from now on.

However, from time to time, I find a way of utilizing the method you have described in such a way that she doesn't find out.

Have you ever heard of using a mixture of Beer and Tomato Juice to soften up Helmet Heads???
Nope, never heard of beer and tomato juice to soften up helmet heads, but I guess that's what you were using.

To increase saliva flow what you do is to chew on rubber bands. When I was in grad school there was a dentistry student doing a thesis with one of the faculty in the department I was in and Steve went around to every faculty member and grad student with a flask and a bag of sterile rubber bands and asked all to tell him when the flask was full and then he'd replace it.

His name was Steve, as I said above, I can't spell his last name, he was from Thailand and ended up being the dentist to the King and Queen of Thailand.

Carolyn