View Single Post
Old August 3, 2013   #52
ChrisK
Tomatovillian™

May not be genetic dwarf. You do have DC x PBTD F2 seed which is where that would show up if it was a bee made cross originally, but all the F1 plants from that cross are uniform, so not very likely.

I doubt it's a seed mixup on my part because I'm very careful in my processing and storage...but stranger things have happened... Could just be a runt.

The DC x PBTD is a full size plant and would best in the ground. I'm looking for good taste, color and stripes on that one. Cherry toms are my favorite!

The pix below are the parent of your F3 seed. Should be a micro determinate and stripes may show up if you grow enough plants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlintx View Post
Me three.

The Chibikko x Green Zebra seedlings have all come up, and are very healthy and lush. Getting ready to move them to their permanent homes. Any recommendations for final pot size? A 6" pot is (very roughly) 1.75 quarts (I stopped up one of mine and filled it with water).

I also have Mohamed, Minibel, and Red Robin growing for comparison.

And, oddly enough, one of the Dr. Carolyn x Pink Berkelely Tie-Dyes seems to be miniature as well. It's ridiculously tiny compared to the others in the batch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F2-1_Plant_5-19-13.jpg (535.2 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg F2-1_Fruit_5-27-13.jpg (101.4 KB, 205 views)

Ignorance more frequently begets knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --Charles Darwin

Last edited by ChrisK; August 3, 2013 at 01:29 PM.
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote