View Single Post
Old May 3, 2020   #13
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

I said they are all small dwarfs. The “micro” selections I am working on, an Amber and a gwr gs striped saladette are determinate and top out at about 14” the indeterminate selections are small delicate dwarfs plants that grew to a max of about 3 feet. the plant on the left in this photo is a dwarf of mine as well, but a large dwarf that is not from the short and sweet project. I used it to illustrate that these are small dwarfs in my short and sweet project but may not meet somebody else’s definition of micro so I don’t use that term necessarily. There is no standard definition really although personally I think anything under 2 feet at full maturity is a very small dwarf.
I don’t care much about labels of micro this or that. People get hung up on definitions and imo breeding for a specific height limits many other factors which I think explains why most micros are cute, very similar and Totally blah from my experience.
I am breeding small dwarfs, something different from the dozens of red and yellow Microdwarf cherries that are hard to tell apart for me.
If interested in what selections these F4’s are from, there are lots of photos from the original short and sweet thread of the F3’s
It’s not my goal whatsoever to do what everyone else is doing. My primary goal for these is flavour in a small dwarf. Whether that meets whatever definition of micro somebody uses is not important.
Some will. Obviously the indeterminate selections will not but they were selected for other criteria.

KarenO

Last edited by KarenO; May 3, 2020 at 01:19 AM.
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote