View Single Post
Old September 21, 2009   #6
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Jeff, as usual a great listing and some wonderful new ones as well.

I hope you don't mind my making a few comments as I scrolled through the varieties.

Green Doctors; Amy represented to me that it was she who found it in her garden but Victor did suggest the name.

Sara's Galapagos; I had asked Amy to bring me back some S. cheesmanii seeds from the Galapagos but what she did was to send me a package of fruits on the vine after she got home that she somehow got thru customs. LOL I just took some seeds out of some fruits and without even fermenting them got them going so I had plants that year. I was the one who contacted Dr. Chatelet at UC Davis and he didn't determine it was a stable interspecies cross, rather, knowing the island it came from, as I told him, he suggested it was probably a stable interspecies cross.

Orange Minsk, delighted you're offering it, yes I am, a new fave for me

Ludmilla's Red PLum; same comment as above

Maya____________ You asked me who bred the various Brandywine X early varieties such as Stupice and Glacier and the others and I told you it was Stanley Zubrowski from Saskatchewan, but you forgot to add that to the blurb. LOL

Morasky Div, I don't know if you got the seeds from Andrey or me and you didn't have too much to say about the taste but I absolutely LOVE this variety for its taste and yield as well.

Keep up the great work.