Thread: SeanInVa 2019
View Single Post
Old June 16, 2019   #15
SeanInVa
Tomatovillian™

And more (hit the image limit for a post)
Mortgage Lifter - this is the one near the squash, and it gets some shade. Not sure if its the shade, the ground (the lasagna bed test) or less bees over here that is resulting in low fruit set

vs this Mortgage Lifter which gets all day sun and is near all the others. Sweat bees like this area.

PlainJane was asking about Pineapple. This one is a dud. Next to the squash in the shade. Seemed unhappy from the get-go. Think it's the lasagna bed. It's has exactly one fruit set so far, and it was on a sucker stem I had to get rid of....

But like the ML, this Pineapple is setting fruit ok (finally, it did take forever). It gets full sun.

Pink Bumblebee. I have been trying to prune to 4 stems. This one got an extra to the front left, and I have another one that's split to two off to the right....

... which you can kind of see here. The empty spot originally had a Pink Bumblebee and that wilted, then I put in a Cherokee Purple and that wilted. So I'm assuming the spot is haunted and I will just stake up some suckers from the thriving PB

Squash and Zucc slowly succumbing to the squash bugs

Sweeties. Squirrels like these too. Little buggers. Mortgage Lifter in the background of the last two

Tennessee Suited. These took a little while to flower, but are doing great now

SeanInVa is offline   Reply With Quote