View Single Post
Old January 3, 2019   #1
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Default Tracking Garden Tasks and Data

I’m not sure this is the right place for this post but it’s about tools, computer tools, that I created a good long time ago to help me track garden tasks and data.

Last night I updated the list of stuff to grow, adding in new things that have been ordered. I'm an admitted spreadsheet junkie so that's how I track things. This is a partial section of the spread I use for growing stuff. Unseen to the right are columns for first pick dates and notes. Orange items are for fall only. Over the years these notes have become invaluable to me.

Now that the grow list is pretty much finalized I need transfer some of that to the growing schedule. The schedule breaks the season into weeks with various tasks like seed starting, bed prep, etc. listed. There are also dates telling me when to start watching for things like Japanese beetles, cabbage moths, etc. It keeps me on track so, for example, I don't arrive at the day before planting something only to not have the bed ready for planting.

Once a task is done, I change the type color to black to I can tell at a glance what still needs to be done. Weather and other circumstances will mean changes for sure but the schedule has really made everything less hectic. It's raining today and tomorrow so it's a good time to work on the schedule.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote