View Single Post
Old April 20, 2006   #22
betsylt
Tomatovillian™

Default Plant trade - Saturday 11 AM Rockridge BART

Hi,

Let's make it for 11 AM at Rockridge BART, since it will give us a bit more time to toodle over there from the south bay.

Remember my caveat of a few days ago -- these babies are *really* small. I'll check back to see if either of you are tempted by mine. Meanwhile, I need to temper my desires and limit what I ask for a bit.

GTG, I've wanted to grow Santa Clara Canner and Diener, since they originated in this area, so I know I'll want a SCC plant. My tastes tend toward "sweet", so if you have some suggestions, throw 'em at me.

GTG & Bruce, we can find our way to Rockridge BART, but where shall we meet you once we get there? I sent a PM to Landarc suggesting that he join us, even sans plants -- I figure the more the merrier.

Aside -- if either of you are willing to commit to growing for seed, I'm doing a grow-out this season of Quedlinburger Fruehe Liebe, from saved seeds from when I grew it in Alaska. I'd love to hand off one or two of the plants to help assure that at least one of us manages to have a good season with it. It's a sweet red indeterminate (potato leaf) which performed amazingly well in Alaska. My seed is getting old, and I want to send some to my Master Gardening buddies in Fairbanks, but want to do a growout to have fresh seed first. Let me know... the only place I think you can find a description for the variety is on tomatofest.com -- our original seed was purchased at the Tomato Fest from Grandview Farms in about 1996.

-BetsyLT