View Single Post
Old December 2, 2008   #22
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

That's a hard one and something you might need to go to your local Extention for some info. Growing conditions from region to region would affect production. Also from year to year weather differences.

For me Black Krim is a must grow due to many people asking for it. But from year to year I just never know what I will get from it. Probably 3 out of 4 years it's only so-so for production. Then that 4th year it will be great.

In another thread here someone mentioned they didn't get much from their Marianna's Peace. For me it was loaded with huge tomatoes even when we frosted.

So I hate to say it but you will probably just have to go thru threads here and see what someone says about a variety you are thinking of growing. Then if it is something you really want to "plan on", figure getting only 1/2 what anyone says. That way you are allowing for EVERYTHING going wrong. If things go right, you will simply have more than you need. That's better than committing to something and then not being able to fulfill an order.

Just how I would do it.
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote