View Single Post
Old July 4, 2007   #7
velikipop
Tomatovillian™

Jeff,

I use fresh crushed garlic on my salads and salsas Sometimes I will use roasted but I find that the flavour gets weaker. Roasted is definately nice as a spread on some nice crusty bread.

Didn't know about the Siberian. I did get five sets this spring and planted them to see what they taste like. They seem to be doing well but not as good as the fall planted garlic.

Yes there is a lot of folk wisdom surrounding garlic. Recent research has shown that claims about reducing blood pressure are exaggerated as are some others. From personal experience I find that it works as a immune system booster and great antiseptic. Whenever I feel a cold coming on I load up on lots of fresh garlic and vitamin C and it alleviates the symptoms. To get the most out of garlic it should be eaten fresh as soon as possible. When cooking with it I wait until almost tot he end before I add garlic. If you like to try if fresh mix it with some natural yougurt it helps with the smell.

One thing I can say with certainty is that garlic works to fend off vampires. My grandmother used to place cloves under my pillow when I was very young and no vampire attacks as of yet!!! Now if only the ladies would not be so offended by its wonderful smell.

Alex

Bob Dylan
velikipop is offline   Reply With Quote