Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2017   #188
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsieglaff View Post
Really appreciate your post Bill. This doesn't look like my typical Septoria problem, based on online poking I believe it is gray leaf spot--which is different than gray mold or no? I'm removing bad leaves now and will spray this evening. Think bleach or copper?
I usually go with copper on any kind of speck or spot disease. That looks pretty severe so I hope it is only on some of the leaves.

I would probably spray the plants with the diluted bleach spray making sure to get the undersides of the leaves as well as all the stems and the mulch under the plant and then followup with a copper spray the next day. You might want to try it on just one plant to see how it reacts first. Sometimes with some diseases and problems or with badly damaged leaves the bleach spray will kill back all the affected leaves.

I used an alternating bleach and copper spray one time in August when I had a severe case of Septoria and it finally got rid of it but I lost a lot of foliage. But since we still had a couple of months most of them recovered for fall production.

Before using the bleach spray please read carefully the whole thread on its' use.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote