Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2017   #189
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsieglaff View Post
I'm now wondering if I sprayed bleach at too strong of a rate a couple days ago. I measure carefully and used 8.25%, but see spinach near the tomato plants with leaf damage that received collateral spray.
I have to admit I have never sprayed the diluted bleach spray on spinach or anything like it so I have no idea if it would damage it. I wouldn't think it would unless it was mixed too strong or sprayed in the sunshine.

I generally start out with 4.5 oz to a gallon if I don't see any significant problem and if I do see a disease like Gray Mold I will use the 5 to 5.25 oz to the gallon. I have not had any damage to healthy leaves on any plants when it is applied near sundown or very very early in the morning. I did have some damage when I got a bottle of no name bleach that was significantly stronger than what was stated on the label or it had something else in it that caused the damage. Since then I have stuck with the Clorox brand but I always spray a small area first when I open a new bottle just to be sure.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote