View Single Post
Old April 7, 2013   #40
MikeInCypress
Tomatovillian™

UF:
My earthtainers are a simple design that I picked up from TonyKOrlando on the Garden Web site. Simply a 10 or 18 gallon Sterilite Container with over flow holes 2 " up from the bottom on the long sides and a plastic shoe box as a reservoir that is fed by a 1-1/2" PVC Tube. I put two plants per box Serves me well as the heat stops my season by July 4 most years. I use Sunshine #4 Mix with added perlite and some dolomitic limestone, adding in a band of Tomato Tone. I try to add 1/3 new mix each year. I spray daconil weekly. Rarely have to water more than twice a day. This year I am trying a drip line into the fill tube so I won't have to manually water but once a day or less. I feed weekly using Algoflash for Tomatoes the last 2 years. I'll be using your product starting this week as most of the plants are blossoming and starting to set fruit. As the home made earthtainer give out I am trying to add Earthboxes. I also have a number of the dwarfs in 7 gal. pots and they will be on the dripline this year. Hope to have a grand crop.

MikeInCypress

Last edited by MikeInCypress; April 7, 2013 at 08:03 PM.
MikeInCypress is offline   Reply With Quote