View Single Post
Old September 18, 2014   #22
drew51
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axixic View Post
Thanks, and I did find that site yesterday. Dale responded last night. He has several varieties of Mortgage Lifters and almost any other tomato. I wonder why he isn't on this site as a vendor.
Not sure? I think he is on other sites, has a blog, so I guess has his hands full. I wanted to add I bought some seeds from him last year, they grew true with good germination rates. Awesome vendor as far as I'm concerned. Cow's Tit is another hard to find, as is many he has! I have so many at this point, I have no plans to buy more. Romeo is another rare one, and all are excellent. I'm more interested in pastes but to tell the truth I have found all tomatoes make good sauce. If you remove seeds, freeze, and when thawed they drop most of the water, a little squeeze helps too, and all you have left is meat. The end product through the food mill is almost sauce already no matter which tomato you use. I have only had to reduce for a short time.

Tomato sauce is cheap, I just do it for fun. Now my blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries do save me lot's of money and they are so good for you. I'm harvesting over 60 raspberries a day. My wife and I eat most daily, but I save maybe 20 a day for this winter.
drew51 is offline   Reply With Quote