View Single Post
Old June 16, 2018   #3258
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
$5 for one sweet potato?

Here's what I have:

1. Green beans - picked 7 crockpots full already. Sowed my neighbors seeds 30 minutes after mine, but hers are in the ground and mine are in raised beds. Then a few weeks ago she pulled her tomato plant from the EB and I sowed 4 green bean seeds in her EB. They look great; tons of flowers.... So I sowed some in my EB where I had pulled my plants. They are young so who knows.

2. I picked 2 Kent's and put them in brown bags a few days ago. I am impatient too.

3. My other mango tree (Choconon) had one of the main loaded branches break during one of the storms. I left it to let the mangoes ripen on the tree. Anything I picked so far went bad.

3. I picked a pineapple yesterday - it flopped over; my largest ones should be ready this week.

4. My pepper plants, Yellow Monster and the Amethyst are going strong.

5. Still have some tomato plants but have to pull out more. I'm just not very motivated at the end of season.

6. Kohlrabi - ALERT - I grew out 2 from micro greens and gave the fruit away. The people cooked them and loved them.

7. I oven roasted some cherry tomatoes. DH is looking at getting a dehydrator again so he can prepare food for his hiking trip. Is the Excalibur 3900B-9 still the way to go?
Yes $5 for this large fancy shmancy purple flesh one, but now I'm glad I bought it, getting lots forming, and they just laugh at nematodes. Never had such a firm not watery great tasting sweet potato before.Nice to use my natural soil for something.
I adore my still working great Excalibur 3900T. Excalibur is the way to go. If you are going to make fruit leathers, be sure to get some silicon tray covers too.
Barb, my dehydrator was cheaper by googling "buy Excalibur 9 tray " than I could get it for at Excalibur company. I think it was Wal-Mart with free shipping and $30 less than at the company itself.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote