View Single Post
Old May 15, 2019   #21
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

March 26th - 31st, 2019

Picked up some Pine Bark Fines for my potted plants.

7 of my nine fig starts are growing, thanks Rajun Gardener (Tomatoville)

I got some gardening done this weekend but not as much as I would have of liked to.
My brother and I stopped at the Recycle center and picked up some Compost and mulch. Headed over to my moms and topped off her hugelkultur bed.
I wanted to get wood chips for the front gardens but there were no wood chips to be had so I used a bit of double ground mulch.

I worked on the Leek bed, making it a tad larger, I need to dig it up and amend the soil, I'm going to use some leftover Pine Bark Fines, Peat and potting mix.
I setup the new pots for the Cherry Tree and figs.

Started hardening off my tomato plant clones.
Still fighting the Aphids on the pepper plants.

Started some cilantro, parsley and perpetual spinach.

April 8th, 2019

Most of the seedlings were moved outside last week. Finished the leek bed. Up potted some Marigolds and planted some Marigolds and Bok Choy in the raised beds.

I'm a bit worried about my pear tree, there is no new growth on the trunk but I keep getting growth on the root stock.

The Redhaven Peach Trees seem to be OK.

I planted my Red Cherry and performed the heading cut, just above two branches.

The figs are doing well.

Installed the Texas Tomato Cages and a few regular cages

Cleaned up the front a bit and cut the grass. Planted

April 10th, 2019

All the plant seem to be doing OK outside with the exception of the Aphids on the pepper plants, so far the lowest has been 45°F, but there is a low of 40° in the forecast.

My Okra seedlings have sprouted and are doing nicely, nothing from my last batch of Bunching Onions have sprouted. Cilantro, Parsley Perpetual spinach have sprouted, both of my Indoor parsley and cilantro died. My two tomato Grafts died. Transplanted the few bunching onions outside that did survive, I dont have much hope for these guys.
Took out a Jetstar tomato plant from the Grow room and placed on the bed still in the pot, it has several tomatoes on it but I don't expect them to mature properly.

My brothers Meyer Lemon Tree came in so I up potted that and put it under the grow lights for a few days.

A few strawberry plants survived the heavy winter mulching, but only on the edges, I didn't expect them to come back

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote