View Single Post
Old May 15, 2019   #22
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

April 15th, 2019

I decided to put my tomato plants in after checking the 10 day.
For my tomatoes, I decided to grow some hybrids this season, Big Beef, Beef Master and Jetstar, my heirlooms this year are, Abe Lincoln, Gardener's Delight and Kosova. After looking at my devastated pepper plants, I decided to toss them in hoping they would do better in the garden than the cups. The aphids are destroying theses guys and the pepper plants are severely stunted. I don't expect a good pepper crop this year.

I ripped out one of my Jetstar tomato plants from the grow tent and tossed that in with the other tomato plants. It got busted up pretty bad trying to untangle it from the other tomato plants in the grow tent. I ended up cutting the entire plant back to see what happens.

Big Beef and Beef Master hybrids in Texas Tomato Cages

I am crowding my peppers this year to see what happens.

I have three different varieties of eggplant this year, Listada di Gandia, Rosa Bianco and my go to, Black Beauty.

My asparagus never came back so I said to hell with it and planted peppers in the Asparagus bed.
It looks like something is nibbling on my Marigolds so I put some Sluggo in the beds.

I am extremely happy with the soil this year, I dug down about 10" and it looks great, I'll continue in-situ composting as much as possible.

Everything is planted with the exception of some Marigolds, the turtles are out cruising the yard, the Koi are more active, so I started feeding them.

Finally came up with a Plant Marker that I like. I added some more re-mesh to the trellis on the left side of the fence. The fruit trees are growing nicely.

RES rescue in the pond.

Turtle waiting for the Guild to grow in, lol.

Comfrey is coming in but the dog keeps eating it.

Mushrooms everywhere but they're not the ones I inoculated the wood chips with.

I had a few asparagus spears show up after I had planted the area with peppers, but to be honest I gave up on Asparagus and whatever grows, grows. I contacted Gurney and they gave me a credit so I ordered some Strawberry plants.

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote