View Single Post
Old October 28, 2017   #115
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Scott always look forward to you progress lack of progress or anything about your project.

I am re reading Jared Diamond's book Collapse again for I dont know how many times.

This book has so much to do with your ideas in many ways that I highly recommend it to you or anyone else that may find it of interest.
It isn't so much as on how to fix things as it is on whether we decide to fix things or not and the results.

I always hear people say we have been doing so and so for years.
Well we haven't been doing it for years compared to older societies.
Modern industrial grade farming hasn't even been around for 100 years.
Not even close to what some of these other people did and finally failed.

I think your idea is doable on a large scale but not with the mindset of society we have now.

Not with the general public or the huge corporations running most of the farms these days in one way or another.
They are treating our farmland like mines with nonrenewable resources and not like they should be a renewable resource.

In my way of thinking if we run out of oil which is mined our society will change it wont collapse.
If we make the right choices starting now.
If we run out of food which should be coming from a renewable resource but treated like a mine we will collapse.
Oil hasn't been around in heavy demand for even 100 years, at this time regardless of what we want to think it is a luxury.
A luxury in many ways that has allowed our population to explode to a point it cant sustain itself without it.

Right now I compare society our soil, food, water and oil to a bunch of drunken people with a giant keg of beer sucking it down not even thinking about running out till there is nothing left but foam.
Guys we almost out of beer and the store is about to close.
What are we going to do?

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote