View Single Post
Old March 29, 2012   #41
Boutique Tomatoes
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath View Post
Well, I believe this is first time I ever had the nerve to post my grow list, Mark, out of concern for what others might think. I suppose there are others who feel the same way, but it is kind of sad- if we can't post a long list here and have others understand, what hope is there for us?There are more dangerous addictions to have.

Each year my neighbors get a key with all the varieties in the garden and the code for each name so they'll know what they're eating and can request next year's seedlings after they've decided on their favorites. They were shocked and amazed at first, but they're happy to take all the fruits we bring to them. Most people are stunned to realize how many varieties there are! I don't think you'll have trouble finding homes for your tomatoes and peppers even if you have a bumper crop this year...and I hope you do. Here's to finding some clear winners this year!
I've used that remark about addictions a lot. I have plenty of friends who have many more expensive and time consuming hobbies.

With peppers everyone looks at me suspiciously when I offer those , but tomatoes are always enthusiastically welcomed.
Boutique Tomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote