View Single Post
Old July 1, 2016   #28
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Speaking of the crazy card, crazy trumps big. It's like paper-rock-scissors. Anyone crazy and big will be the top dog, but that is a rare combination. (I'm thinking Gerardo is down, though, he's my pick if we ever pick teams and rumble. But if Worth isn't on the same team, I'm probably going to run away, sorry Gerardo)

There was one guy this spring who came out to my greenhouse to buy super-hot pepper plants. He was not big at all, 5'7" and 150 pounds or so. But as soon as I started talking to the guy, I got this feeling of being scared of him, which is really rare with me. I'm bigger than him; I'm the mma fighter; but when I looked into his eyes, he was honestly terrifying to me. And he was as nice as he could be. It was just the look in his eyes that scared me.

It turns out, after talking to him for a while, he had spent most of his adult life in Menard State Penitentiary for meth. I'm not sure he was fully recovered when he came to buy plants from me. My intuition was right - he was good choice to be scared of.

Crazy and big is a lethal-mutation, you don't make it past your teen years.

And it's great your spidey sense works, it's an eerie feeling to be around people that can gut you like a fish and not blink and eye. I've met plenty of those around here, and know exactly what you're talking about. The caveat is they normally get treated badly by people, so if you're nice and treat them like your spidey sense isn't buzzing away, they immediately sense it and appreciate it. I've had those bad ppl pull me out of the flames because I was nice to them at some point.

Deb, get a taser and if he starts mouthing off again and violates your personal space get him right where it counts (no warning, just surprise your junk has electricity running through it) and call the constables on patrol, they will be on your side.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote