Crosstalk™ Forum Moderator

JayC....you liked my review? Thanks.

Here it is.....

Quote:
Most Helpful Customer Reviews

Once was lost, but now am found
January 29, 2014
Amazon Verified Purchase

I am truly excited to add this book to my personal library. Rebsie Fairholm wrote the book I wish I had written. It was one of greatest pleasures to know that she grew some of the potatoes I have been breeding for the last 61 years. My hope is that this book will excite others to do their own potato breeding experiments. As a life long collector of potato varieties...my efforts were concentrated on converting the tuber lines into true potato seed (TPS) and anything done by this "Tater Mater" (a cutesy way of saying "Potato Breeder") was done to preserve as much diversity as possible and make it available sustainably as TPS which will stay viable for many years. After making rare kinds of TPS easy to purchase for over 30 years, maybe many enthusiasts will join this rather exclusive club of private potato breeders. Great job, Rebsie!

Tom Wagner
Everett, WA
The title of my review was a play on words about the potato and me personally to some extent. Don't misjudge me...potatoes are a near religious experience for me and what's not to love about "Amazing Grace" when one is always stirred by such poetry?
Tom Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote