View Single Post
Old March 21, 2016   #22
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hempel View Post
Habitat,

Did you rescue your Saluki too?

Sarabi was a street dog, for an unknown period, in Dubai. I assume, however, that originally she had very loving owners because she is very affectionate, and even uses here "hands" show it.

She does not get along with other dogs well though. I assume because of some tough times living in the streets.
Daisy belonged to my housemates. She followed one of them home on a rainy day, they tracked down the breeder/owner, and it turned out the owner did not want her back! By that time, Daisy had "wormed her way into their hearts" even though she ate the windowsills while they were at work. They solved that problem by keeping the bedroom door open so she could sleep on the bed during the day. They also had a beagle mix and a cat, both of whom Daisy got along with, but they were careful to keep her away from other cats. The whole menagerie came with them when they drove from NJ to CA.

When Daisy had a toy or treat she wanted to save for later, she'd "bury" it in the middle of the living room by making burying motions with her muzzle.

The other dog was an escape artist, and Daisy was her loyal follower. About once a month or so, we'd go looking for them, and it was easy to track them down because people noticed the pair of them.
habitat_gardener is offline   Reply With Quote