View Single Post
Old April 12, 2016   #59
Jeannine Anne
Tomatovillian™

I would love to help you with that but as I said I sowed all my seeds which were old and I got 1 plant, there seems to be another one trying but I think it is losing the battle.

It is a bit like the white Sprouting Broccolis, but if you pick the shoots before they flower you can keep the plant going for several years. I am going to try to find more and if I do I will let you know.

Meantime you can grow the white sprouting broc. I grow several sprouting brocs every year and I am hoping to find enough space to do so this year too. I have a range of them which harvest from July onwards right through May, most are purple but I have a couple of white ones

Some of the varieties are Red Spear,Summer Purple,Santee,Late Purple, Rudolph,Redhead,White Star and White Eye.

I need to look for fresh ones so I will let you know what I find but meanwhile I think these will sprout one more year, they are 2012 seeds. I can send you a few of what I have left if you would like them. I am out od some but do have Santee, White Eye, Redhead all of them mature Feb thru April.

I don't know what your weather is Luigi so you decide. If you need to look it up it is called Sprouting Broccoli.

XX Jeannine
Jeannine Anne is offline   Reply With Quote