Thread: Bronze Fennel
View Single Post
Old September 5, 2014   #11
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Worth,
I haven't read the Tales of the Arabian Nights in years...but grew up hearing bits and pieces...and what could be told to "Kiddies" by my Grandfather and relatives. Apparently one of my Grandfather's favourite things to do for Halloween or other fancy dress/costume parties was to dress like something out of the Tales. LOL

And my Father used to lament about the fact that our family had too many smart alec's (clean up for TV) in it. His kids reply was usually..."And whose fault is that there are so many of us?". But I think he secretly thought it was a lark...since he obviously took after his own Father's warped sense of humour.

And to get back to the fennel....there are a few Armenian recipes that call for the use of ground fennel in the pastes that you cover meat that you're curing, as well as whole fennel used in marinades or stuffings....all of which I'm told my Grandfather used to love to make.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
There is a fine line between genius and crazy.
I like to use that line as a jump rope.

~Anonymous (but I totally agree with this! LOL)

Forgive and Forget? I'm neither Jesus or nor do I have Alzheimers.

~ Anonymous

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace.

-- Dr. Albert Schweitzer
Zana is offline   Reply With Quote