View Single Post
Old May 7, 2006   #2
valereee
Tomatovillian™

Hi, all! What a great gathering. I brought my dad, Gordon, and he is totally enamored of you all -- kept telling my mom (who had stayed in the car with her book, as she doesn't get around well) what a nice bunch of people you all were, how outgoing, how he couldn't wait for the tasting.

I had such a nice time, and enjoyed meeting you all so much. Please forgive me when, next time we meet, I introduce myself again as if I've never seen you before in my life. I try very hard to remember faces, but I am not very good at it.

The food was excellent! I tried both pulled pork recipes, and both were incredible. I wish I knew how to make pulled pork taste like that. And the rest of the spread was excellent -- I could have just sat down at the buffet and eaten all day. I was so sorry to miss Michael's cobbler, which was smelling SO good by the time we had to leave, but I had people showing up at my house for a cookout in the late afternoon.

I only got rid of four plants, and only managed that by begging Susan to take a Baker's Family Heirloom from me. So I ended up taking home more than I brought, plus of course the plants everyone so generously shared with my dad.

Gary did, too, get rid of at least one plant -- I took a Roma Rio Grande from him, and I think my Dad took one from him, too. Thank you, Gary, for your generosity. Thanks also to Susan, Earl, Jerry, and -- Fred, was that your Red Penna I took? -- for other lovelies, and of course for the ones given to my dad, which I can't remember. I know Earl gave him an Earl's Faux, and Jerry gave him several, and I think Susan gave him one and maybe Lisa and Gary. He had seven or eight.

Ooops, Lisa, I think I got your garlic! Sorry! Well, I'll put it to good use. I was thinking of making something out of it today for some friends who will be here for the afternoon. I was just going to do a search for recipes.

Can't wait until August!

Val