Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old June 2, 2020   #348
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsieglaff View Post
Hey Bill,

Not sure if you have experience with this regard to your mix, but I'm curious at the specified concentration will it bleach (color loss) materials? In addition to garden plots, I have tomatoes in buckets on my newly redone composite deck and do not want to ruin it. I know I could test a small area that cannot be seen, but figured you might have experience over years of using the solution that is better than testing a small spot.

Thanks,
Justin
I have no idea what the deck material is or if it would lose color to bleach. I would find it hard to believe it would at the concentrations used in the diluted bleach spray. Is it painted or is the composite a solid color through and through. If your deck is newly redone why not find a little piece of the composite material that was left over and put a drop of bleach full strength on it and see if that bleaches out the color and if it doesn't then you should be fairly sure that a very dilute amount shouldn't affect it. However a pool of diluted bleach spray resulting from dripping onto the deck might leave a lighter spot if allowed to set and dry there.

I use a diluted bleach spray every year on parts of my painted home to remove mildew and have had no ill affects. I think it would be best to test a small area as in applying any chemical to something to make sure you don't have a negative result.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote