View Single Post
Old June 18, 2015   #7
HydroExplorer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike723 View Post
I practice Deep Water Culture myself.. I started a few years back with passive hydroponics: hempy (dutch) buckets, and they got the job done.. I traded up to DWC about two years ago and haven't looked back.. The vigor and growth rate is truly impressive.. What's funny is that indoors I love playing chemist with all the synthetics, but outdoors I wouldn't dream of letting them touch the soil lol..

I personally cut clones rather than continuously popping seed.. I made a cloning setup out of an old tupperware container.. filled 3/4's with a very weak solution and an air-stone.. Just drill out the lid with a multibit, and drop your peat pellets in - roots in 10 days or so..
Build one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK0eUDoairw

Roots in 3 days. I think you want to start feeding around day 5. The idea is to starve the plant long enough to make it develop roots (looking for food) and then feed it before it dies. I'm still experimenting to come up with the optimal way to do this.

I'm also still experimenting with transferring aerocloned plants to soil but I think it is totally doable.
HydroExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote