Thread: Canning Season.
View Single Post
Old November 22, 2017   #426
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Looks great Worth. well done. it does have a good value I sell my jams and jellies for $5 1/2 pint. I sold 16 at my lat market. I would have sold more if I had taken more. I didn't know what to expect.

Imp, why would you have thought that was a joke? for anyone who makes a hand crafted food item we have a lot more cost in it than a commercial cannery. my jars alone are almost 10.00 for a dzn. of pints. I can't not mark up the cost of the jar or absorb the cost or not charge at all for the jar. My fruit is small quantity purchase... not a train car or contracted with a farmer or I have to grow it myself. I still have to charge for that. Sugar nor pectin is cheap. Certo is 4.00 a box here. I am always on the lookout for marked down certo. Time to make it and electric. don't belittle someones efforts or value of their product. or not apologize for it after you see that it truly does have that worth to it. you keep jumping on Worth and I don't understand why. even if you didn't intend for it to sound like it... it sounded like it. so, I apologize if I took your comment out of context.