View Single Post
Old July 26, 2009   #6
stormymater
Tomatovillian™

DH & 2 DFs & I all thoroughly enjoyed Tomatopalooza 7 yesterday! I am blown away by the skills, knowledge & conviviality we encountered. It was so much fun to meet a bunch of Tomatovillians I know & enjoy from postings - you know who y'all are! What a bunch of wildly interesting folks; who, I am proud to note, are of stout enough constitution to pony right on up to the Peach Habanero-Cayenne Jam! Based on the looks & tastes of those maters - this was a collection of folks with some mad mater growing skills too!
LOL - the single solitary spitter in my book was a Sara Black I brought up (thank goodness my other blacks taste nothing like that one - may the rest of those Sara Blacks taste not like that either ).
On the ride back down to the coast Dh & I compared notes - he was very enamored with the flavor of Witty F3 A & B (somehow I missed them - go figure with over 200 tomatoes to taste!) - need to try to grow some of these for next year. We are late on our reds, pinks & bicolors/yellows (like everything except blacks LOL) & I was plenty excited to taste some varieties we are tending to now that have greenies... like a prequel (omg Purple Dog Creek)! New additions to next year's grow list based on tasting include - Tennessee Black, Turkey Chomp, Bradley(s), Tennessee Surprise, Regina's Yellow.
We had a ball - thank you so very much. Today's plan is to get those seeds fermenting - I plan to start the "customization" of my Tomatopalooza T-shirt with this very process! BTW - Tomatovillians are welcome here at the beach anytime!
stormymater is offline   Reply With Quote