View Single Post
Old July 26, 2009   #9
Lee
Tomatopalooza™ Moderator

Well, as I said it was a good event. There were a lot more
varieties there than I expected. We had 160 different varieties. (Of course some may say 4 different Tasmanian Chocolates F5 don't count as 4, but alas I do! )

Anyway, here's the results of best tasting... I did not vote this year, because I didn't really get to taste much. Too much going on to actually trial everything. Maybe next year!
Plus, most of the ones I trialed were quite bland and watered down, flavor wise. Even Cuostralee was not at its best flavor for the event!
I did like Summertime Green and Gold. SG has got a nice tangy flavor to it that I really like. In contrast to Dwarf Emerald Giant, which is more of a sweet flavored tomato.

So, coming in a #5 was Purple Haze F2 - Seed was saved from last year's event from PH F1.
At #4 was Tennessee Black - This one was a few people's second favorite.
At #3 was Regina's Yellow
At #2 was Marianna's Peace - Greg brought a great one here according to the reports (I didn't get to taste it!)
And at #1..... which really ain't a tomato, so this may not count, is Cossack Pineapple!
I think the fruity pineapple flavor of this one surprised many folks.

Well, there you have it. Any other comments from those that attended are more than welcome.

Here's the list of what we had represented.

Lee

Cuostralee - The best thing on sliced bread.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote