Thread: Toma Verde
View Single Post
Old February 4, 2010   #15
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggingDogFarm View Post
I hope you'll still be able to participate in the forum, I appreciate your posts!

~DiggingDog
Yeah...I will. I was not able last summer because we were so busy re-modeling the house and traveling all over Mexico. We also made a trip to Ireland and a trip to Egypt. My son did the whole garden here...first year in my life I did not have a garden! I am going to have to completely start from scratch in Mexico...probably will have to grow totally different varieties and figure out best planting times, etc. Where we will be has a year round temp of about 85 and is humid in the summer. They grow GYNORMOUS tomatoes and peppers there. You go to the street market and there is just box after box of incredible produce. I will have to find my "niche" there...I have only ever grown tomatoes for drying... I grew up on a ranch on the California/Mexico/Arizona border and have wanted to go back to Mexico my entire life. I just love the country and as I am a HUGE archeology freak (I am talking reading about 2000 books....) Mexico has so much to see (as did Egypt WOW!) We are also going to do more traveling...Venice in October and next spring, Beijing catching a cruise that goes to other ports in China, Japan, Viet Nam, Thailand, Russia and eventually, back to British Columbia. We have a nice family that lives near our place in Mexico and the Father is taking care of our house, fruit trees and other stuff so we will be able to travel. And I LOVE this forum and will always be back!