View Single Post
Old February 8, 2018   #3
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsacharley View Post
Your seedlings look very good. What are your plans for 150 Reaper plants? I had 2 last year that each produced about 5 lbs of peppers. I'm overwintering them in hopes of even more production this year.
Im going to sell them suckers!

Being that they can be hard to come by, Im thinking about asking $7 ea.

I would like to keep maybe 5 for myself to grow out for seed, and 1 or 2 for pepper production, for those folks who want to pay $10 for a couple dried peppers. Maybe in a couple years be able to offer the seeds. But, and this is a big "but", I will certainly have to build a screen house to keep them pure.

Im hoping these grow true. My supplier reassured me that they should be around 95% pure. This is the same supplier whom I got a lovely Trinidad Scorpion from a few years back. Never saved the seeds from it, kinda regretting that now.

Just on a side note, down in the envelope was a tiny, and I mean very tiny sliver of dried red pepper skin. It was stuck to a seed. It was probably 1/3 of the size of a seed for reference. Like any opportunistic fool, I popped the piece into my mouth. I figured if it was really dry, then no harm.

Yeah, I was wrong. It didnt light me up, but it had some power behind it. A heat that was more acidic like. Instant runny nose and sinus drainage. And a cough that wouldnt stop. My chest burned for a good while, every time I took a breath.

Cleared my head right up.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote